Who’s hosting the Brits 2019 and who else has fronted the awards over the years?
THE Brits are back for another year TONIGHT (Wednesday, February 20), and with them comes the host with the most – funnyman Jack Whitehall.
The comedian, 30, was a smash hit last year at the annual awards bash and now he’s back for 2019 with a whole batch of hilarious new one-liners.
Who is hosting the Brits 2019?
Jack Whitehall is hosting the Brit Awards this year.
He presented the glitzy bash last year and is now back for another go.
Bosses were keen for Jack to return after he was dubbed “the best host in years” by viewers at the awards in February 2018.
In 2018 he made quips about Ed Sheeran not performing Galway Girl and Elton John’s flamboyance, among others.
Who has hosted the Brit Awards in previous years?
Jack was a big hit when he took off the reigns as the host of the Brits in 2018.
That is probably why he is returning for another year.
We take a look at which other faces have played host to the biggest night in British music:
Brit presenters through the years:
- Dermot O’Leary – 2017
- Ant & Dec – 2015 to 2016
- James Corden – 2011 to 2014
- Peter Kay – 2010
- James Corden – 2009
- The Osbournes – 2008
- Russell Brand – 2007
- Chris Evans – 2006, 2005, 1996, 1995
- Cat Deeley – 2004
- Davina McCall – 2003 and 2000
- Frank Skinner and Zoe Ball – 2002
- Ant & Dec – 2001
- Johnny Vaughan – 1999
- Ben Elton – 1998 and 1997
- RuPaul and Elton John – 1994
- Richard O’Brien- 1993
- Simon Bates – 1992, 1991
- Cathy McGown – 1990
- Mick Fleetwood and Samantha Fox – 1989
- Noel Edmonds – 1988, 1986, 1985
- Jonathan King – 1987
- Tim Rice – 1984, 1983
- David Jacobs – 1982
- Michael Aspel – 1977
What were Jack’s best bits from the Brits 2018?
Jack will be pulling out all the stop to get the audience and viewers at home laughing in their seats again this year.
But will he be able to top these one-liners from 2018:
- Jack’s dig at Ed Sheeran about being able to achieve anything in life except a suntan.
- He referred to Liam Payne as “Cheryl’s plus one”.
- After Rag ‘N’ Bone man had performed at the Brits with fire effects, he poked fun at Olly Murs’ infamous “gunshots” at Selfridges incident, by saying: “That was a controlled blaze by the way. Apparently, Olly Murs was in the toilet tweeting about it.”
- Jack made a dig at Jesy from Little Mix’s famous “Jamaican accent. He pointed out that the band had hit three billion views on YouTube. “Only two billion of those are people watching you try to do a Jamaican accent Jesy,” he said.
- Talking about Sam Smith he joked: “If you like Adele songs but find them too upbeat you’re in for a treat. Sam Smith will be performing.”
- Known for their boozy antics, Jack cut to commercial break in front of Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield – but not before telling them off for “already being wasted”.
[article-rail-topic title=”More on Brits 2019″ term_id=”14127″ posts_number=”12″ /]
When is the Brit Awards?
You can watch the Brit Awards 2019 LIVE TONIGHT (Wednesday, February 20).
ITV will be airing the ceremony from 8 pm.
If you’re late to the party, don’t fret you can watch it on an hour delay on ITV+1.
Or if you are unable to watch it on the night, you can watch it on ITV Hub player soon after broadcast.
[bc_video video_id=”5738480985001″ account_id=”5067014667001″ player_id=”default” embed=”in-page” padding_top=”56%” autoplay=”” min_width=”0px” max_width=”640px” width=”100%” height=”100%” caption=”Jack Whitehall left viewers in hysterics after one of his ‘most savage’ performances at the Brit Awards 2018″]