25 soap spoilers: Coronation Street knife attack, Emmerdale Joe Tate shock, EastEnders illness, Hollyoaks collapse
Several soap characters are reaching breaking point as their lives catastrophically implode – Coronation Street‘s Daniel Osbourne faces losing everything as Sinead and their baby fight for life while Cain Dingle snaps after confessing his role in Joe Tate’s death and Moira is in the firing line.
Elsewhere, Mick Carter is reaching the end of his tether in EastEnders as his demons continue to plague him and he ends up in a very dark place while Mercedes McQueen’s party lifestyle as she tries to cope could be the death of Nana.
In a major week of high drama, there is also a knife attack, a web of lies, a baby misunderstanding, wedding planning, dark suspicions, a sinister threat, an illness fear, a potential new romance, a hostage situation and a risky move.
1. As Sally sits alone in her cell, she is scared by the arrival of Marcia who pulls a knife on her before lunging at Sally. Meanwhile, Tim fears that it’s too late to help Sally and he blames Gina and Imran for her plight.
2. Nick presents Leanne with a diamond necklace and Elsa clocks that he has far more money than he was letting on. And when a waitress from his Nottingham restaurant turns up, Nick is forced to think fast and lie – but will David catch him out?
3. Tracy is exhausted with Steve’s libido and after a suggestion that talk of babies might cool him off, they are left at a stalemate when he doesn’t exactly seem against the idea. But Amy certainly is!
4. Duncan’s wife May turns up to visit him at hospital but then does a runner and Gina corners her and implores her to do the right thing and tell the truth – if not for Sally’s sake then for her daughter.
5. Sinead is told that her cancer has spread and she needs to give birth to her baby now. As a terrified Sinead goes into labour, the doctors whisk newborn baby Bertie away to neonatal, leaving Daniel terrified.
6. Rana is left feeling sad when her divorce from Zeedan comes through but Kate reminds her that this means they can press ahead with their wedding plans. However, Rana thinks they should wait until after Johnny’s trial.
7. Daniel is worried to be told that Bertie has a serious bowel condition but when Sinead asks about him, Daniel decides to cover it up, not wanting to upset her any further.
8. Doctor Legg tries to confide in Dot that Stuart stole the picture of his late wife but manipulative Stuart continues to control the situation and get his feet under the table, leaving Doctor Legg uncomfortable.
9. Tiffany wants to make things up to a furious Evie after the recent drugs bust and Evie warns her to find a replacement for Rat. When Evie is later humiliated by Phil and Dennis, she orders Tiffany to target Dennis as the new Rat.
10. Mitch tries to get Mick to help him coach the football team but Mick isn’t interested but, in a bid to avoid home life, he heads out for a day out with Mick to help him spend time with Keegan. Linda then lectures Mick but he isn’t in the mood.
11. Max is worried about Rainie’s health but when he still won’t trust her to look after Abi on her own, she decides to cover up her illness to try and prove herself. Later, she revels in him being so attentive – until he cancels their plans.
12. Dot orders Stuart to leave her house when she confronts him over the missing photo but when she later returns to find him pretending to search for it, they end up having a heart to heart.
13. Mick backs out of plans with Mitch to spend time with Linda but then snaps at her and ends up breaking down. As Linda tends to him, she tries to get to the bottom of his feelings and he opens up about his prison ordeal.
14. As Louise and Keanu head for another driving lesson, they continue to grow closer.
15. Cain offers to go and identify a body in Debbie’s place but when she explains how much Joe’s disappearance is still plaguing her, he confesses that he was involved in his death and she is horrified as truths come to light.
16. Maya is amused when Jacob sends her a selfie but he is put out when she doesn’t respond. When he sends her another, more risque photo, she panics when she realises her phone is at the shop and desperately grabs it from Amba.
17. Bob is hopeful when Chas announces that she is giving a staff bonus but he soon realises that it won’t even touch the surface of his mounting debts and before long, he is looking up hostel places.
18. As Cain fears that he will lose Debbie forever, he snaps in front of Moira and slams her against the wall, leaving her shaken. As the mist clears, Cain realises that he stands to lose his wife as well as his daughter.
19. Following her behaviour with the phone, a suspicious David confronts Maya about what is going on and as he questions her, she and Jacob are frozen to the spot as they fear he will rumble the truth.
20. When Sam suggests they add to the family, meaning a pig, Lydia admits to Belle that she misinterpreted his meaning.
21. As Nana suffers a fever, Mercedes continues to party despite being asked to look after her. When Myra arrives home, she is horrified to find Nana collapsed and has her taken to the hospital but Mercedes parties on.
22. As Breda continues to hold Louis hostage with two broken legs, she tells him that he should write Leela a letter as she misses him but he wants to write to Simone. Later, Breda catches him trying to escape.
23. Liam humiliates Lisa when she tells him that she wants a proper boyfriend but later, a stranger asks Grace and Lisa to meet them. Afterwards, Lisa plants cocaine in Mercedes’ bag and calls the police.
24. Ollie asks Brooke out on a date but keeps it from Imran as he has his heart set on winning her back. Later, Imran is stopped by Ollie when he goes to ask her out and when Imran realises Ollie and Brooke like each other, how will he respond?
25. A suspicious Sinead refuses to trust Jonny and so goes through his wallet but what will she find?
- Who goes missing after they run out of options and when the police call round to their loved ones, do they have tragic news?
- One conniving soap character puts deadly thoughts in someone’s mind – but how far will they be able to control them to do their bidding?
- One person is forced to make a decision when their new romance discovers that he still has feelings for a significant ex.
- One couple come up with a surprising idea to solve a big problem in their lives – but it comes with major consequences.
- Who is in danger when they take on a dangerous local after making an accusation – and will they regret it?
[metro-sassy-poll question=”Which soap are you most looking forward to?” option1=”Corrie: Sinead gives birth and Sally in danger” option2=”EastEnders: Mick breaks down and Stuart schemes” option3=”Emmerdale: Cain confesses and David is suspicious” option4=”Hollyoaks: Louis tries to escape and Nana collapses” slug=”which-soap-are-you-most-looking-forward-to-8319544″]