The Best of 2018
2018 was the biggest year of my life so far. I did my GCSE’s, left high school, completed NCS and started college! In between all that I found time to relax using music, films, and TV shows; here are my favourites of the year…
- Take on the World – You Me at Six
- A Million Dreams – The Greatest Showman
- If You’re Over Me – Years & Years
- In My Head – Maisie Peters
- Details – Maisie Peters
- Happy Now – Zedd
- Rainbow – Kesha
- Better Now – Post Malone
- I’ll Be There – Jess Glynne
- Getaway Car – Taylor Swift
- Call It What You Want – Taylor Swift
- breathin – Ariana Grande
- Eastside – bennyblanco
- Without Me – Halsey
- This Feeling – The Chainsmokers
- Wasabi – Little Mix
- Sue Me – Sabrina Carpenter
- Mamma Mia Here We Go Again – The original is my favourite film of all time so of course I adore the sequel. If I watch Mamma Mia once more I think I might run off to Greece like Donna.
- The Crimes of Grindelwald – Harry Potter will always have a special place in my heart. I can’t tell you how many nights I spent refusing to put one of the books down. The Crimes of Grindelwald had such incredible CGI and they couldn’t have a cast a better young Dumbledore than Jude Law.
- Incredibles 2 – Basically, 2018 was the year of the sequels. The Incredibles is the best Pixar movie and number 2 didn’t let my high expectations down.
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before – Didn’t we all love this classic romcom? I mean it wouldn’t happen in reality, but that makes it even better.
- Just Go with It – This isn’t a new romcom, but I only discovered it this year, thanks to Netflix. Of course, I predicted the ending within five minutes, however that didn’t stop this movie from being hilarious and so enjoyable.
- My Girl – This film broke my heart, I shed a tear and I haven’t cried at TV since the last episode of Friends. The ending really struck a chord with me for some reason, I didn’t see it coming at all. From the start, I thought it was a sweet coming of age movie, which it was, until the last twenty minutes.
- Ocean’s 8 – In my opinion, Ocean’s 8 was better than all the previous with George Clooney. Their heist plan was genius and I can only admire it. I always find discovering how gangs pull off such big robberies so interesting.
- Brooklyn 99 – I haven’t loved characters in a show this much since Blair Waldorf in Gossip Girl. Normally, I find two or three characters in a comedy funny but each one has me howling. As well as being hilarious the cast is super diverse, there is a pretty much an equal split between the male and female characters.
- Queer Eye – If you ever want something to lift your mood watch Queer Eye! The Fab Five seem like the most genuinely lovely people and if they could fix my life that would be fabulous.
- Gilmore Girls – Nothing makes me feel like the world is all sunshine and rainbows like Gilmore Girls. I’m not sure what it is about this show, it just has a touch of innocence to it. Rory and Lorelai will always be my go-to when I’m stressed.
- The Originals – Life would be ten times more interesting if vampire and werewolves existed, I can’t be the only one forever wishing a vampire will turn me. Personally, I prefer The Originals to The Vampire Diaries. The last season was perfect, even if it completely broke my heart. Only get invested in The Originals if you want to cry.
- La Casa de Papel – By far the most gripping TV show this year. The English name is Money Heist, but it is originally Spanish. I’d say watch it in Spanish with English subtitles rather than in English, just because for me having the lip syncing off ruins shows. As a Spanish student, I am always looking for a good Spanish series and La Casa de Papel didn’t disappoint. I couldn’t guess the plot at all and there were so many unexpected twists it was impossible to get bored. Whoever thought up the plot is a genius and could get away with robbing the Royal Mint of Spain!
Thanks for reading!
The R Word xo