Resolution Update 24
I started getting better then crashed. It’s been exactly two months since the final round of chemo and it should be out of my system in another two. It’s eventually going to get better.
1. Run 365 miles: 2.1 on the elliptical machine and 3.3 on the treadmill, for 32.9 miles overall.
2. 3,000 push ups: 180. No change again for 15 weeks.
3. Lose 15 pounds: I’m scheduled to go to the doctor next Monday so I’ll find out then.
4. Send out 100 resumes: 11.
5. Send out 100 manuscripts: 36.
6. Write 40,000 words and five new stories: 16,280 words and six stories.
7. Support 12 local artists: two (Nathan Singer and Katherine Wynter). No change.
8. Read ten new H.P. Lovecraft stories: Complete:
“The Rats in the Walls,”
“The Thing on the Doorstep,”
“In the Vault,”
“Herbert West: Re-Animator,”
“The Lurking Fear,”
“The Transition of Juan Romero,” and
“The Shunned House.”
9. Read 15 works: Complete:
War with the Newts by Karel Capek,
Long Day’s Journey into Night by Eugene O’Neill,
Scoop by Evelyn Waugh,
The Godfather by Mario Puzo,
The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
The Self-Tormentor by Terence,
The Eunuch by Terrence,
The Thin Man by Dashiell Hammett,
Phormio by Terence,
The Woman of Andros by Terence,
Murder in the Cathedral by T.S. Eliot.
The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler.
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey.
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole.
The Trial by Franz Kafka.
10. 400 blog posts: including this one, 198.
10a. Read five chapters of the Bible: Complete–chapters one through five of Lamentations.
10b. Read a book of the Bible: Complete–Obadiah (the shortest book in the Old Testament)
11. Read 10 more of Lovecraft’s stories: Complete:
“Imprisoned with the Pharaohs,”
“Poetry and the Gods,”
“In the walls of Eryx,”
“The Crawling Chaos,”
The Case of Charles Dexter Ward,
“The Green Meadow,”
“The Nameless City” and
“The Call of Cthulhu.”
11a. Finish another book from the Bible. Complete – Book of Revelation.
11b. Finish a third book from the Bible. Complete – Third Book of Maccabees.
12. Reread 20 stories of Poe. Complete –
The Unparalleled Adventure of One Hans Psfaall,
The Balloon Hoax,
Von Kemplelen and his Discovery,
The 1,002nd Tale of Scheherazade,
MS. Found in a Bottle,
The Mystery of Marie Roget,
The Premature Burial,
The Island of the Fay,
The Oval Portrait,
The Literary Life of Thingum Bob, Esq.,
How to Write a Blackwood Article,
X-ing a Paragrab,
Angel of the Odd,
Mellonta Tauta, and
Loss of Breath.
12a. Read at least 10 chapters from the Bible. Complete – Ecclesiastes.
12b. Read another book from the Bible. Complete – the Book of Joel.
13. Read ten short stories of Robert E. Howard. Complete.
Casonnetto’s Last Song,
The Dream Snake,
The Cobra in the Dream,
The People of the Black Coast,
Dig Me No Grave,
The Cairn on the Headland,
The Haunter of the Ring, and
People of the Night.
13a. Read a non-Biblical sacred text. Complete–Kama Sutra, Part I
13b. Read another non-Biblical sacred text. Complete–Kama Sutra, Part II.
14. Read Roger Zelazny’s Lord of Light. Complete.
14a. Read a non-Biblical sacred text. Complete–Kama Sutra, Part III
14b. Read another non-Biblical sacred text. Complete–Kama Sutra, Part IV.
15. Read another 20 stories of Poe. 13 (actually I’m finished and have started the next resolution but have only posted about 13).
The Business Man.
The Power of Words.
Colloquy of Monos and Una.
The Man in the Crowd.
Conversation of Eiros and Charmion.
Philosophy of Furniture.
Tale of Jerusalem.
Thou Art the Man.
Why the Little Frenchman Wears His Hand in a Sling.