19 Apr 19
(Picture: ITV/BBC/Lime Pictures)
It’s a big week across all soaps coming up, with a huge night out in Emmerdale leading to many different disasters for the villagers who merely intend on letting their hair down.
Life will never be the same for those who decide to go. If only they’d voted for a cozy night in instead!
In Coronation Street there’s huge baby news as Gemma Winter (Dolly-Rose Campbell) finds out she’s not in fact hungover but instead brewing a baby. How will Chesney react?
In EastEnders it’s life or death for Louise Mitchell (Tilly Keeper), her dad and Keanu Taylor (Danny Walters) as they go up against Danny (Paul Usher) following her kidnap.
And in Hollyoaks Sienna Blake (Anna Passey) tries to take on Laurie Shelby (Kyle Pryor) over his sexual harassment, but when Brody Hudson (Adam Woodward) gets involved he threatens everything.
1. Gary tells Sarah he paid off his debt and won’t keep any more secrets from her, but then she learns that Alex’s loan shark is called Rick and she realises Gary has lied once again. Rick had even been in their house. Cathy and Brian head to see Rick to pay off Alex’s loan, but Rick makes it clear he owes more and he has his passport.
2. Chesney is annoyed when Gemma tells him she’s too sick to do things as he assumes she’s just hungover. But Gemma is left feeling more than a little sick when she finds texts between Chesney and Tyrone that make her believe she’s ruining his life. She confides in Rita who tells her to take a pregnancy test – and she’s shocked to find it’s positive! Convinced she’s bad for Chesney, she packs her bags and leaves. After a fainting episode, Gemma finds out she is nine to 10 weeks pregnant. She decides to keep the baby and tells Rita, who is thrilled.
3. Peter sets up an online search for Carla under #FindCarla and he’s shocked when he gets a response. A guy from her old estate claims to have seen her. Ken says they should go to the police but Peter insists on going to the derelict house where he hands over a wad of cash. The police tell Peter and Ken that Carla used her bank card near the squat, so Peter goes back and gets heavy handed with the squatters.
4. Seb sets up a handyman business and is called on to fix a loo in the pub. News of his good job reaches salon owner Rachel who hires him to do the same at her salon. He meets manicurist Alina and the pair hit it off. He even feels comfortable enough to tell her he has HIV. She later kisses him and asks for his number – little does he know he’s getting sucked into a trafficking ring.
5. It’s the day of Bertie’s christening and Ken is still in a mood over his fine for letting the dog foul. Beth is pleased about his letter from the council but as they bicker Sinead begs them to calm it down. But the day descends into chaos as a food fight ensues between the Tinkers and the Barlows, all over dog poo. Kirk tries to keep the peace by picking up the guitar and singing. Everyone is impressed, and he decides to try out for X Factor.
6. Seb finds Gary bruised and battered in the builder’s yard and Gary tells him his tools and van have been stolen. Seb tells Eileen what has happened and she makes a shock decision.
7. Nick’s depending on a huge order from an important client. He’s desperately in need of funds. Nick later meets up with the loss adjuster, Helen, who tells him that until the police investigation is complete she can’t make a payout. Nick is frustrated, but Toyah is left suspicious of what he’s up to.
8. The hunt is on to save Louise after Keanu watched her being bundled into a car by Midge. He, Phil and Ben race off to find her, as she realises she’s been locked in a shipping container. Keanu is the one to find her, but as he unties her he’s knocked over the head.
9. Jay meets Ruby to celebrate her good news – Ross and Matt have received their sentences and she’s over the moon. But Jay’s guilt gets the better of him and he has to come clean – he kissed Lola. Ruby is shocked, but she’s even more so when he tells her he wants to make things official, and she accepts!
10. Stacey is over the moon when her mum decides to move back home, but she’s worried when Jean says she wants to contact Sean. Stacey tells her she tried to contact him but couldn’t get through, but later admits she lied – she spoke to Sean. Jean is angry that she was once again trying to protect her without telling her the truth. She storms out and bumps into Habiba, and borrows her phone to call Sean for herself.
11. Billy asks Ruby to give Lola a job and she agrees, but is later horrified to discover that she and Jay are exes. On Lola’s first day she receives a good luck card signed by Jay and Ruby’s jealousy hits overdrive, and she comes down hard on Lola.
12. Phil and Ben continue to look for Louise knowing she’s in grave danger, and Phil leaves Danny a threatening message. But as he does so, he’s whacked from behind. Elsewhere, Sharon makes a shocking discovery that threatens to tear the family apart.
13. Mitch tells Keegan he’s worried as he hasn’t heard from Bailey, so Keegan goes to check on her. He’s worried when he arrives as he finds Dinah in a very frail state. He feels like a protective big brother and tells Bailey that her mum needs to go into a home as it’s the best thing for her.
14. Leyla, Priya, David, Tracy, Maya, Kerry, Rhona, Victoria, Ellis, Aaron, Robert and Bernice all head into Hotton for a night out. It’s a night of revelations and shocking twists. For many, the events of the night will mean life as they know it is over.
15. David is suspicious of Maya wanting to sell her car, not realising it’s to stump up blackmail money for Liv. She tells him it’s for her divorce and a guilty David makes plans to make it up to her. He tells Jacob he plans to propose and Jacob is horrified when he realises his dad wants to use Val’s ring – the one he stole. Maya and David go clubbing with the other villagers and David gets ready to pop the question, but Maya cruelly turns him down.
16. Ellis is worried about Billy when he heads to meet gangster Max. Billy has been roped into being part of a robbery and when he tries to back out, Max threatens Billy. Ellis sabotages the robbery to save his brother, but he’s triggered a chain of events – he heads on the night out with the other villagers but unbeknownst to him he’s being followed. Max sends Billy a threatening photo of his brother and Billy desperately tries to reach Ellis in time.
17. Pete turns to Debbie for comfort when he finds out Rhona has been lying about helping Kim Tate find Jamie. Rhona sees him leaving Debbie’s cottage and is gutted to see him being so close with Jack and Sarah. Her jealousy overtakes her and she snaps, but though they manage to make up it doesn’t last long as she learns Pete told Debbie all about her menopause. Humiliated, she heads off on the big night out to prove she’s young at heart where she has one too many drinks and finds herself in a vulnerable situation.
18. Aaron and Robert are mortified when they realise their surrogacy plans may have been ruined again. Natalie finds out about Liv and Aaron’s criminal pasts, and it might make her think twice. Faith is ever ready to try and change Natalie’s mind, but given how she almost ruined things before, will she make things worse?
19. Victoria heads on the night out with her pals and Amy tells her to play hard to get with Ellis. Is there any future for these two? The fire alarm sounds and Victoria loses all of her friends in the confusion – what happens to her?
20. David is gutted about Maya’s refusal and confides in Tracy. The pair bond and end up kissing – which Maya sees. Furious, she ends up in the arms of Jacob, but the pair of them get caught. Her secret is final out!
(Picture: Lime Pictures)
21. Sienna meets with Sally to discuss her sexual harassment at the hands of Laurie. Sinead is worried there might be something in her claims and asks Sami to look into info about the girl who accused Laurie of harassment before. He already knows about her and tells Sinead Laurie paid her to keep quiet.
22. Ste and Jonny find a picture from the fete of Misbah looking upset. Ste adds a joke caption about her medical abilities and the lads convince him to make a meme of it, and Ste has no idea they have a racist agenda. Jonny later orders a takeaway for Ste and Peri and it’s delivered by Shahid – the man who was attacked by the gang. With Shahid now in town, Stuart eventually confesses the gang did beat him up, but he lies it’s because he was goading them.
(Picture: Lime Pictures)
23. James is out of ideas to try and save his son, until Marnie comes up with an idea. She tells him to blame it on someone else, and then they spot Cindy.
24. Prince is struggling in the wake of Lily’s death and Mercedes tries to help by booking him a hair appointment. When he arrives at the salon they find out Jesse is out, so Liam has to step in. Mercedes and Goldie warn him to stay away from Prince as they fear he’s up to no good.
25. Brody’s anger over Laurie has been bubbling under the surface, but he’s set to snap over Sienna’s latest claims and he desperately wants her to get justice. He strikes, kidnapping a panicked Laurie and bundles him into his car in a bid to get him to confess.
Who makes a startling discovery that will have them question someone else’s motives?
Who’s on the charm offensive but has a secret plan?
Who’s been telling his wife a pack of absolute lies?
Who’s left begging for help when their plan goes terribly wrong?
What will happen when someone finds themselves at the centre of a love triangle?
[metro-sassy-poll question=”Which soap are you most looking forward to?” option1=”EastEnders: Does Louise die?” option2=”Corrie: Gemma’s pregnancy bombshell” option3=”Emmerdale: Maya finally gets caught” option4=”Hollyoaks: Sienna stands up to Laurie” slug=”which-soap-are-you-most-looking-forward-to-9122531″]