22 Mar 19
(Picture: BBC/ITV/Lime Pictures)
It’s a rollercoaster of a week in soapland as the Coronation Street lot reel from the tragic death of one of their residents, with funeral plans getting underway, while an Emmerdale family will be celebrating a marriage.
In Hollyoaks two weddings are set to go ahead at once but will either actually make it down the aisle?
There’s a big return in EastEnders, much to a mother’s joy, but the excitement is short lived when they realise grave danger is right behind.
And there’s a desperation to lay blame in Coronation Street, but will it be laid at the right person’s door?
1. Tributes are laid outside the factory as a family begin to plan a funeral and are eager to point the blame after the factory collapse. Carla, Nick and Gary are looking at a manslaughter charge. Will Gary come clean about what he knows?
2. Roy faces a blast from the past, a man named Wayne Hayes reveals himself to be the boy he and Hayley fostered years ago. But as he and Carla later arrive at the police station for questioning, they realise he is the health and safety inspector. Carla is overwhelmed by everything and does a runner.
3. Baby Bertie is ready to go home and the family are over the moon. Sinead and Daniel are touched when Ken decorates the flat with welcome home signs. Sinead is finally able to fuss over their little boy as Daniel tells her they’ll be great parents.
4. Seb’s crushed when he learns Gary has been offered work at the same site he has. Gary celebrates with Sarah, but when they return home they find his van has been vandalised and his tools have been taken. Has Seb taken revenge?
5. Robert reappears at the Bistro and Michelle wants to know where he’s been, but he’s keeping quiet. He’s behaving strangely so Michelle has Ryan watch him. But Ryan gets rumbled when he’s careless with a phone call and earns himself the sack. What is Robert hiding?
6. Roy makes a breakthrough with Sylvia’s ring after asking Wayne to help look into it – they discover it originates from Egypt and Brian thinks it might have been brought back by a serviceman stationed out there.
7. It becomes clear the factory roof collapse was not an accident and was not caused by Gina and Sally sitting on the roof. With Carla having done a flit to Southampton with Peter, the factory workers take it as an admission of guilt and some people will be on the warpath.
8. Keanu is back in the Square and everyone is pleased to see him, including Sharon, but he gives her the brush off. Trouble follows though, as a man named Danny also arrives in town and he turns out to be one of Phil Mitchell’s money laundering associates and he wants his cash now.
9. Tiffany tries to sneak back to Ted’s flat to find the hidden cash, but Bernadette realises and follows. Tiff is left shaken when they bump into the guy that attacked Evie, and a worried Bernadette pushes for the truth. Tiffany cracks and reveals all. A fearful Bernadette goes straight to her mum and tells her everything.
10. Louise is annoyed when Keanu ignores her so she flirts with a random guy called Midge to make him jealous. But when Keanu sees he realises it’s not a random guy, he’s one of the men who beat him up in Spain. He rushes to Phil who warns him his new job is to protect Louise at all costs.
11. Denise and Kim hold auditions for new stylists after having no luck finding a good one, when Chantelle arrives. She impresses them and is offered a job, but they’re shocked when they come to realise she’s actually Mitch and Karen’s eldest daughter.
12. The trouble grows around Phil as both Midge and Danny put pressure on, while Sharon and Kathy both get at him to try and find out what’s going on. Sharon warns Keanu to keep well away from Louise, but she has no idea he’s actually trying to protect her.
13. Habiba and Adam end up helping each other out in Walford East and as they get close, Habiba goes in for a kiss. What will Honey say?
14. The Sharmas are shocked when Manpreet and Rishi arrive home from their holiday with big news – they secretly got married in Vegas. That’s enough to rock the Sharma household, but the arrival of Manpreet’s daughter Aiesha puts even more cats amongst the pigeons.
15. Billy and Tracy are tasked with picking April up but as Tracy pops off for a coffee leaving Billy alone to wait, he’s stunned to be approached by police officers who’ve received a report of some dodgy behaviour. Tracy arrives back and flies off the handle, believing it to be racism, and ends up getting arrested. As word spreads around the village, Billy snaps and pins Ellis against a wall, just as Tracy appears to witness everything.
16. Charity spots a money-making opportunity when Robert turns up with a potential new client. She agrees to accompany the man as his date to an awards ceremony, much to Vanessa’s fury. But later Vanessa overhears the man plotting to double cross Charity. Can she warn her in time?
17. Cain seems to be giving up now that the police are involved and Moira is worried. Noah is left frightened when he overhears a conversation between Kim and Graham.
18. David is all ready to leave the village, but he has no idea that his plans mean that Maya and Jacob will be given the opportunity to be alone together. Is he playing right into their hands?
19. Kim sets her sights on buying the Barton’s farm from under them and Moira is left perturbed when she and Cain find her standing in their kitchen. Noah later clues Cain in on what he overheard, and Cain is furious. He confronts Kim, but what she has to say in reply will leave him stunned.
20. Laurel’s left in a panic when she receives a last minute booking for the Pirate Ship. Arthur watches on from the sidelines, his face like absolute thunder.
(picture: Lime Pictures)
21. It’s time for the big joint wedding, but will they both go ahead? Mercedes is being blackmailed by Liam who tells her to leave Sylver at the altar and Myra is horrified to find that the guy she snogged is the DJ at the wedding. Which vows, if either, will actually happen?
22. Troubled teen Juliet is struggling with everything that’s been happening to her, most recently her unrequited crush on Darren who she knows she can’t have. The poor girl flips and, with lighter in hand, threatens to burn down the school. Brooke decides to get Darren to try and talk her down, but will her plan expose the fake affair Juliet made up?
(picture: Lime Pictures)
23. Sinister Laurie comes up with a plan to get Sienna on her own and tells Sinead they have a school camping trip. His wife is not in the least bit impressed and confronts Sienna about spending time alone with her husband, but Sienna is absolutely none the wiser. How will Laurie explain himself now?
24. Maxine’s fake illness takes hold after she hears that Damon wants to move to America. She starts feigning symptoms and after a check over with Misbah she and Damon are told she might have a brain disease – and she’s only got a few months to live.
25. There’s a familiar face back in the village as Courtney returns, much to Jesse’s delight.
Who’s uncovered as a big cheat?
Who leaves their family terrified when they suffer a huge health scare?
Who’s making a huge return and will leave
Who’s has no idea their life is in serious danger?
Who’s out for revenge when they’re pushed too far?