Lanc�me

15 Jun 19
CultureCrush NI

By Conor O’Neill Peformance image courtesy of David Campbell Michael Wilson Interview Tuesday night saw Belfast’s Michael Wilson pick up the Brian Bailey Memorial Cup at Belfast Book Festival’s eighth Poetry Slam Competition. Unfortunately due to technical difficulties it’s nigh on impossible to offer a full review of what was an intense, entertaining, eye and […]

15 Jun 19
Two Steps Forward; One Step Back

When it comes to landscapes, the number one thing that I like to photograph are reflections. It doesn’t really have to be any particular subject matter; I just always seem to find myself heading for somewhere that has water. Ideally, the water will be calm and still, however, I can achieve similar effects by using […]

14 Jun 19
Blog Chat with Cindy

This is an article, written by Nikki Casey, regarding a vital beauty step important to every woman’s cosmetic arsenal. Cindy Makeup Addicts, Are You Missing This Essential Step in Your Beauty Routine? Makeup Addicts, Are You Missing This Essential Step in Your Beauty Routine? By Nikki Casey If you’re like me you’re a regular in […]

13 Jun 19
The Scottish Sun
A MUM-of-two has revealed her horrific injuries after being beaten by a yob in a pub so hard the crutch he was using split in two. She has bravely published the shocking pictures as her 58-year-old attacker avoided jail this week. Lauren Stockman revealed her bruised and battered face after being attacked by a man in a pub James Smith has walked away with a suspended sentence after admitting the assault Lauren Stockman, in her 30s, was hit on the head with a metal crutch multiple times following a row with James Smith in the Fernhurst pub, Blackburn, Lancashire. Smith admitting assaulting Miss Stockman and her boyfriend Andre Smith on November 23 last year, but walked away with a suspended sentence from Preston Crown Court. Following the attack Miss Stockman shared pictures of her fractured cheek, bruised face and eye, with cuts and swelling. She wrote: “Not pretty but hey! This could have been a lot worse. Why in God’s name would anyone think this is okay? “Some guy hit me with a crutch and broke my eye socket, got muscle damage in my neck and blurred vision in my eye.” Smith ran away after the assault but was caught when CCTV pictures of him in the pub with his stick and the victims were circulated on social media. His broken crutch was found discarded outside the pub – which he is no longer allowed to visit. Smith was sentenced to eight months in jail, suspended for a year, and is banned from leaving home between 9pm and 6am every day. ‘SOME GUY HIT ME WITH A CRUTCH’ Prosecutor Hanifa Patel: “They walked up to the bar and Miss Stockman’s partner looked at one member of the group, and a female member of the group said ‘what are you looking at?’ “What took place was a verbal altercation between the two women and her partner. “Miss Stockman did tell the woman to be quiet and leave them alone but the group said ‘shut up or I’ll t**t you’. “She then felt something knock on the side of her head and her hair. She put her hand up immediately to her face and noticed there was blood.” She told the court Miss Stockman’s eye was left swollen and doctors feared she had fractured her eye socket. The lawyer for Smith, who was convicted in 1986 for GBH, said he did not know why he reacted so aggressively. [article-rail-section title=”MOST READ IN NEWS” posts_category=”2″ posts_number=”6″ query_type=”popular” /] Neil Howard said: “He says that he wasn’t particularly intoxicated, possibly his drink was spiked – but there is no proof of that. “It was a particularly emotional interview when the footage was put to him. It shocked him to the core, he made a prompt admission in interview and continued in that vein. “He is wracked with remorse and regret.” Sentencing Judge Simon Medland QC told Smith: ”For no reason whatsoever you involved yourself in an argument that other people were having you raised your stick and held it like a baseball bat you struck her with it three times.” The incident occurred at 8.25pm on November 23 last year after Miss Stockman and her boyfriend were sat at the bar of the pub and ordering drinks Doctors feared her eye socket was fractured after the attack CCTV images showed Smith in the pub wielding his crutch Miss Stockman was taken to hospital with a suspected fractured eye socket and was later treated for a broken cheek bone Smith fled the scene but was arrested after a CCTV picture of him wielding the stick at Miss Stockman in the Fernhurst pub in Blackburn, Lancs, was circulated on social media Lauren Stockman suffered a fractured cheekbone when she was bludgeoned repeatedly about the head with the metal crutch We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.    
13 Jun 19
The Sun
A MUM-of-two has revealed her horrific injuries after being beaten by a yob in a pub so hard the crutch he was using split in two. She has bravely published the shocking pictures as her 58-year-old attacker avoided jail this week. Lauren Stockman revealed her bruised and battered face after being attacked by a man in a pub James Smith has walked away with a suspended sentence after admitting the assault Lauren Stockman, in her 30s, was hit on the head with a metal crutch multiple times following a row with James Smith in the Fernhurst pub, Blackburn, Lancashire. Smith admitting assaulting Miss Stockman and her boyfriend Andre Smith on November 23 last year, but walked away with a suspended sentence from Preston Crown Court. Following the attack Miss Stockman shared pictures of her fractured cheek, bruised face and eye, with cuts and swelling. She wrote: “Not pretty but hey! This could have been a lot worse. Why in God’s name would anyone think this is okay? “Some guy hit me with a crutch and broke my eye socket, got muscle damage in my neck and blurred vision in my eye.” Smith ran away after the assault but was caught when CCTV pictures of him in the pub with his stick and the victims were circulated on social media. His broken crutch was found discarded outside the pub – which he is no longer allowed to visit. Smith was sentenced to eight months in jail, suspended for a year, and is banned from leaving home between 9pm and 6am every day. ‘SOME GUY HIT ME WITH A CRUTCH’ Prosecutor Hanifa Patel: “They walked up to the bar and Miss Stockman’s partner looked at one member of the group, and a female member of the group said ‘what are you looking at?’ “What took place was a verbal altercation between the two women and her partner. “Miss Stockman did tell the woman to be quiet and leave them alone but the group said ‘shut up or I’ll t**t you’. “She then felt something knock on the side of her head and her hair. She put her hand up immediately to her face and noticed there was blood.” She told the court Miss Stockman’s eye was left swollen and doctors feared she had fractured her eye socket. The lawyer for Smith, who was convicted in 1986 for GBH, said he did not know why he reacted so aggressively. [article-rail-section title=”MOST READ IN NEWS” posts_category=”316″ posts_number=”6″ query_type=”popular” /] Neil Howard said: “He says that he wasn’t particularly intoxicated, possibly his drink was spiked – but there is no proof of that. “It was a particularly emotional interview when the footage was put to him. It shocked him to the core, he made a prompt admission in interview and continued in that vein. “He is wracked with remorse and regret.” Sentencing Judge Simon Medland QC told Smith: ”For no reason whatsoever you involved yourself in an argument that other people were having you raised your stick and held it like a baseball bat you struck her with it three times.” The incident occurred at 8.25pm on November 23 last year after Miss Stockman and her boyfriend were sat at the bar of the pub and ordering drinks Doctors feared her eye socket was fractured after the attack CCTV images showed Smith in the pub wielding his crutch Miss Stockman was taken to hospital with a suspected fractured eye socket and was later treated for a broken cheek bone Smith fled the scene but was arrested after a CCTV picture of him wielding the stick at Miss Stockman in the Fernhurst pub in Blackburn, Lancs, was circulated on social media Lauren Stockman suffered a fractured cheekbone when she was bludgeoned repeatedly about the head with the metal crutch We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.    
12 Jun 19
Donna’s Days

I wasn’t sure I was well enough to head across to Lincolnshire, but if I always say I’m not going somewhere because of health, I’d forever be sat on sofa. So donning my simple tweed suit and trusty beret (great for bad hair days), we headed off. Stopping off along the way to give the […]

11 Jun 19
The Scottish Sun
THIS is the first picture of a “beautiful” mum who died from sepsis after she was savaged by a “pitbull” as she defended her dog. Sharon Jenkins’ daughter, Natalie, shared the picture on her Facebook yesterday with devastated family and friends. Sharon Jenkins died after defending her dog from another animal A 49-year-old man, who has not been named, was arrested and released under investigation as cops probe the 55-year-old’s death in Preston, Lancs. The suspect was held on suspicion of offences under the Dangerous Dogs Act. Police handlers have seized the animal and it remains in police care. Det Insp Chris Wellard said: “While we have made an arrest I would like to stress that our enquiries into this incident are very much ongoing. “I would like to thank the local community for their support of our investigation so far and ask that anyone who may have witnessed the incident itself, and not yet contacted us, does so as soon as possible.” Sharon suffered neck and hand injuries when she intervened in a fight between her pet and another dog on May 31. She didn’t get medical help immediately but she began to feel unwell on Monday and was rushed to hospital. Her heartbroken daughter Natalie Mather said doctors believed she had sepsis, an illness caused by the body’s response to an infection. Natalie said: “The hospital have said it is the bite that has caused the sepsis.” She added that her family were waiting for the results of a post-mortem to confirm the cause of death. TRAGIC TRIBUTE Natalie previously wrote on Facebook: “Well mum, you tried your best and you fought as hard as you could. “I still can’t believe you have gone. “I will never forget the crazy lady you was. “Kindhearted and always looked after everybody else first. “I love you so much and so do the kids. Sleep tight beautiful.” Speaking outside her house today, Natalie said she was too upset to comment further on her mum’s tragic death. SEPSIS DEATH Sepsis is triggered by an infection in the body, which can sometimes happen after being bitten by an animal. Most people show symptoms within three to five days and have mottled skin and fast breathing. If untreated the illness can result in a heart attack or kidney failure and ultimately death, within the space of just a few days. Sharon’s dog was treated by a vet for an ear injury. Police had said they were trying to identify dog that bit her – described as medium-sized with speckled ginger and black fur. Many on Facebook left heart-wrenching tributes to the victim. [article-rail-section title=”MOST READ IN NEWS” posts_category=”141″ posts_number=”6″ query_type=”popular” /] One wrote: “R.I.P a truly wonderful woman who would do anything for you if she could sleep tight Sharon till we meet again.” Another added: “My counterpart, grandmas together. Im going to miss our chats and laughs sharon. “I promise i will look after your 2 as you asked me too, always.” Sharon Jennings and her pet were attacked by another dog in the Brookfield area of Preston, Lancashire Sharon was rushed to Royal Preston Hospital where she died
11 Jun 19
The Sun
THIS is the first picture of a “beautiful” mum who died from sepsis after she was savaged by a “pitbull” as she defended her dog. Sharon Jenkins’ daughter, Natalie, shared the picture on her Facebook yesterday with devastated family and friends. Sharon Jenkins died after defending her dog from another animal A 49-year-old man, who has not been named, was arrested and released under investigation as cops probe the 55-year-old’s death in Preston, Lancs. The suspect was held on suspicion of offences under the Dangerous Dogs Act. Police handlers have seized the animal and it remains in police care. Det Insp Chris Wellard said: “While we have made an arrest I would like to stress that our enquiries into this incident are very much ongoing. “I would like to thank the local community for their support of our investigation so far and ask that anyone who may have witnessed the incident itself, and not yet contacted us, does so as soon as possible.” Sharon suffered neck and hand injuries when she intervened in a fight between her pet and another dog on May 31. She didn’t get medical help immediately but she began to feel unwell on Monday and was rushed to hospital. Her heartbroken daughter Natalie Mather said doctors believed she had sepsis, an illness caused by the body’s response to an infection. Natalie said: “The hospital have said it is the bite that has caused the sepsis.” She added that her family were waiting for the results of a post-mortem to confirm the cause of death. TRAGIC TRIBUTE Natalie previously wrote on Facebook: “Well mum, you tried your best and you fought as hard as you could. “I still can’t believe you have gone. “I will never forget the crazy lady you was. “Kindhearted and always looked after everybody else first. “I love you so much and so do the kids. Sleep tight beautiful.” Speaking outside her house today, Natalie said she was too upset to comment further on her mum’s tragic death. SEPSIS DEATH Sepsis is triggered by an infection in the body, which can sometimes happen after being bitten by an animal. Most people show symptoms within three to five days and have mottled skin and fast breathing. If untreated the illness can result in a heart attack or kidney failure and ultimately death, within the space of just a few days. Sharon’s dog was treated by a vet for an ear injury. Police had said they were trying to identify dog that bit her – described as medium-sized with speckled ginger and black fur. Many on Facebook left heart-wrenching tributes to the victim. [article-rail-section title=”MOST READ IN NEWS” posts_category=”327″ posts_number=”6″ query_type=”popular” /] One wrote: “R.I.P a truly wonderful woman who would do anything for you if she could sleep tight Sharon till we meet again.” Another added: “My counterpart, grandmas together. Im going to miss our chats and laughs sharon. “I promise i will look after your 2 as you asked me too, always.” Sharon Jennings and her pet were attacked by another dog in the Brookfield area of Preston, Lancashire Sharon was rushed to Royal Preston Hospital where she died
11 Jun 19
The Irish Sun
THIS is the first picture of a “beautiful” mum who died from sepsis after she was savaged by a “pitbull” as she defended her dog. Sharon Jenkins’ daughter, Natalie, shared the picture on her Facebook yesterday with devastated family and friends. Sharon Jenkins died after defending her dog from another animal A 49-year-old man, who has not been named, was arrested and released under investigation as cops probe the 55-year-old’s death in Preston, Lancs. The suspect was held on suspicion of offences under the Dangerous Dogs Act. Police handlers have seized the animal and it remains in police care. Det Insp Chris Wellard said: “While we have made an arrest I would like to stress that our enquiries into this incident are very much ongoing. “I would like to thank the local community for their support of our investigation so far and ask that anyone who may have witnessed the incident itself, and not yet contacted us, does so as soon as possible.” Sharon suffered neck and hand injuries when she intervened in a fight between her pet and another dog on May 31. She didn’t get medical help immediately but she began to feel unwell on Monday and was rushed to hospital. Her heartbroken daughter Natalie Mather said doctors believed she had sepsis, an illness caused by the body’s response to an infection. Natalie said: “The hospital have said it is the bite that has caused the sepsis.” She added that her family were waiting for the results of a post-mortem to confirm the cause of death. TRAGIC TRIBUTE Natalie previously wrote on Facebook: “Well mum, you tried your best and you fought as hard as you could. “I still can’t believe you have gone. “I will never forget the crazy lady you was. “Kindhearted and always looked after everybody else first. “I love you so much and so do the kids. Sleep tight beautiful.” Speaking outside her house today, Natalie said she was too upset to comment further on her mum’s tragic death. SEPSIS DEATH Sepsis is triggered by an infection in the body, which can sometimes happen after being bitten by an animal. Most people show symptoms within three to five days and have mottled skin and fast breathing. If untreated the illness can result in a heart attack or kidney failure and ultimately death, within the space of just a few days. Sharon’s dog was treated by a vet for an ear injury. Police had said they were trying to identify dog that bit her – described as medium-sized with speckled ginger and black fur. Many on Facebook left heart-wrenching tributes to the victim. [article-rail-section title=”MOST READ IN NEWS” posts_category=”184″ posts_number=”6″ query_type=”popular” /] One wrote: “R.I.P a truly wonderful woman who would do anything for you if she could sleep tight Sharon till we meet again.” Another added: “My counterpart, grandmas together. Im going to miss our chats and laughs sharon. “I promise i will look after your 2 as you asked me too, always.” Sharon Jennings and her pet were attacked by another dog in the Brookfield area of Preston, Lancashire Sharon was rushed to Royal Preston Hospital where she died
09 Jun 19
News Archives Uk

The PSC looking for a dog owner after a "beautiful" mom died of sepsis as a result of an assault while she was defending her pet from company arrested a suspect. The 49-year-old man, who has not been named, is in custody, the investigation continuing on the death of Sharon Jennings, 55, in Preston, in […]

08 Jun 19
News Archives Uk

A 55-year-old woman died after being rescued by a dog while she was defending her dog from an attack. The police are suing the owner of the devil's dog after he mutilated Sharon Jennings and his pet in Preston, Lancs County. 2 Sharon Jennings was bitten by the dog in the Brookfield area in PrestonCredit: […]

08 Jun 19
The Scottish Sun
A 55-YEAR-OLD woman has died after she was savaged by a dog while defending her pooch from an attack. Police are hunting the owner of the devil dog after it mauled Sharon Jennings and her pet in Preston, Lancs. Sharon Jennings was bitten by the dog in the Brookfield area of Preston Sharon was walking her dog when it was attacked by the other animal on a path in the Brookfield area between 6pm and 7.30pm on May 31. She suffered bites to her hand and neck when she intervened, police said. Sharon’s dog was treated by a vet for an ear injury, but she didn’t seek medical attention herself at the time. However she was rushed to Royal Preston Hospital after being found unwell at her home on Monday. She died on Friday evening. The cause of death has not been confirmed. ‘I’LL MISS OUR CHATS AND LAUGHS’ Police said they are trying to identify dog that bit her – described as medium-sized with speckled ginger and black fur. The owner was described as a man with thinning grey or black hair and wearing a blue fleece type jacket. Many on Facebook left heart-wrenching tributes to the victim. One wrote: “R.I.P a truly wonderful woman who would do anything for you if she could sleep tight Sharon till we meet again.” Another added: “My counterpart, grandmas together. Im going to miss our chats and laughs sharon. “I promise i will look after your 2 as you asked me too, always.” ‘MUZZLE YOUR DOG’ Others expressed their anger at the dog owner and urged him to hand himself in to police. One said: “So sad, how can this happen??? If your dog is a threat to people or other animals the muzzle it. God bless and rest in peace x” Another fumed: “The owner of the dog should at least be doing the right thing and come forward!!!! what a shame rip thoughts to the family.” [article-rail-section title=”MOST READ IN NEWS” posts_category=”141″ posts_number=”6″ query_type=”popular” /] Det Insp Chris Wellard of Preston Police said: “Our thoughts are with Sharon’s family and friends at this incredibly distressing time. “We’re working hard to establish what happened but need anyone with information to come forward as soon as possible. “Did you see a dog matching this description in the area or see or hear anything around the time of the incident? Please get in touch. “I would also appeal directly to the owner of the other dog to come forward.” Sharon was rushed to Royal Preston Hospital where she died For the latest news on this story keep checking back at Sun Online, where we will bring you live updates as soon as they happen, before anyone else. Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thesun, and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSun, where we will bring you this story and all the rest of the top news and exclusives of the day. TheSun.co.uk is your go to destination for the best celebrity news, football news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video
08 Jun 19
The Sun
A 55-YEAR-OLD woman has died after she was savaged by a dog while defending her pooch from an attack. Police are hunting the owner of the devil dog after it mauled Sharon Jennings and her pet in Preston, Lancs. Sharon Jennings was bitten by the dog in the Brookfield area of Preston Sharon was walking her dog when it was attacked by the other animal on a path in the Brookfield area between 6pm and 7.30pm on May 31. She suffered bites to her hand and neck when she intervened, police said. Sharon’s dog was treated by a vet for an ear injury, but she didn’t seek medical attention herself at the time. However she was rushed to Royal Preston Hospital after being found unwell at her home on Monday. She died on Friday evening. The cause of death has not been confirmed. ‘I’LL MISS OUR CHATS AND LAUGHS’ Police said they are trying to identify dog that bit her – described as medium-sized with speckled ginger and black fur. The owner was described as a man with thinning grey or black hair and wearing a blue fleece type jacket. Many on Facebook left heart-wrenching tributes to the victim. One wrote: “R.I.P a truly wonderful woman who would do anything for you if she could sleep tight Sharon till we meet again.” Another added: “My counterpart, grandmas together. Im going to miss our chats and laughs sharon. “I promise i will look after your 2 as you asked me too, always.” ‘MUZZLE YOUR DOG’ Others expressed their anger at the dog owner and urged him to hand himself in to police. One said: “So sad, how can this happen??? If your dog is a threat to people or other animals the muzzle it. God bless and rest in peace x” Another fumed: “The owner of the dog should at least be doing the right thing and come forward!!!! what a shame rip thoughts to the family.” [article-rail-section title=”MOST READ IN NEWS” posts_category=”327″ posts_number=”6″ query_type=”popular” /] Det Insp Chris Wellard of Preston Police said: “Our thoughts are with Sharon’s family and friends at this incredibly distressing time. “We’re working hard to establish what happened but need anyone with information to come forward as soon as possible. “Did you see a dog matching this description in the area or see or hear anything around the time of the incident? Please get in touch. “I would also appeal directly to the owner of the other dog to come forward.” Sharon was rushed to Royal Preston Hospital where she died For the latest news on this story keep checking back at Sun Online, where we will bring you live updates as soon as they happen, before anyone else. Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thesun, and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSun, where we will bring you this story and all the rest of the top news and exclusives of the day. TheSun.co.uk is your go to destination for the best celebrity news, football news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video